Wednesday, February 20, 2008

An attempt at the Big Picture in Compressed Sensing and a bet on NROL-21


I just put together a more static page on the Compressed Sensing Framework where I try to paint the big picture of the subject as far as I understand it. The field is getting bigger and there is a need for newcomers to see what are the current lines of thoughts without being first drowned in details. Let me know if I am doing a good job or not. It is at:

it also includes the calendar and search engine.


Thanks to a NOTAM, Comos4u and Nasawatch reports that NROL-21 will probably be shot down during the Moon eclipse so that the missile has an overwhelming probability of not mistaking the moon for something else. Phil Plait has more on the subject. My bet ? there is no way we will see a clean kill at Mach 17, but that's just me.

Credit & Copyright: Noel Munford (Palmerston North Astronomical Society, New Zealand)

No comments:

Printfriendly