Thursday, July 09, 2009

A new entry in the RMM blog and a follow-up to the Taste of Others, AREVA


I just wrote a small entry entitled High Throughput Testing and TCS meets EDA in the RMM blog. While Nuit Blanche puts a certain emphasis on Compressive Sensing, I sometimes feel it inappropriate to mention other technical issues that may not connect in an obvious fashion to that subject even though I do this occasionally :-)

While we are on the subject of weight reduction through NOse Clipping While Eating (let's call it the NO-C-WE method), I have now lost 28.6 pounds (13 kilograms) ever since I started self experimenting with a nose clip on while eating. I have also done a sub-experiment in the past two months where I have not used the nose clip. While I could keep the same weight, over time it became increasingly clear that the snacking (grignotage in French) would kick start back again. This is fascinating. I am waiting to hear from some friends on how it works out for them. This is so deceptively simple that I feel uncertain as to why people are defensive when told about it.

Finally, every so often I respond to a job announcement because it could fit into some of the things I want to do. This one was an announcement by Areva for the position of Vice President Marketing Reactors. I did not get it but I very much liked the fact that they sent an e-mail out that said I did not get it. Far too often companies do not go to the extra length of answering or simply setting up their servers to send back a negative feedback. Kudos to them.

No comments:

Printfriendly