Since the last Nuit Blanche In Review (September 2013), we had quite a few entries and the number of members in different groups increased in the Google+ Community (670), the CompressiveSensing subreddit (156), the LinkedIn Compressive Sensing group (2554) or the Advanced Matrix Factorization (769). The Paris based Machine Learning group has now 291 members and the attendant LinkedIn Paris Machine Learning group has 74 members.
This month, several implementations were made available by their respective authors:
- Direct deconvolution of radio synthesis images using L1 minimisation
- Implementation: EM-NN-AMP: Recovering Linearly-Constrained Non-Negative Sparse Signals
- Robust Sparse Signal Recovery for Compressed Sensing with Sampling and Representation Uncertainties
- 1-Bit Matrix Completion
- Sparse FFT implementation: FFAST, Fast Fourier Aliasing-based Sparse Transform
- An Empirical-Bayes Approach to Recovering Linearly Constrained Non-Negative Sparse Signals
- OrderedLASSO : Statistical Estimation and Testing via the Ordered L1 Norm
- Simultaneous reconstruction of absorption and scattering using joint sparsity in diffuse optical tomography
- Task-based evaluation of segmentation algorithms for diﬀusion-weighted MRI without using a gold standard
- Application of compressed sensing to genome wide association studies and genomic selection
- Randomized Items: Uncompressing CS, Les Houches school on "Statistical physics, Optimization, Inference and Message-Passing algorithms", Upcoming workshop on "Statistical Issues in Compressive Sensing"
- Phase Retrieval: Covariance Estimation, Sparse Signals
- Infinity Continues to Matter: Generalized sampling: stable reconstructions, inverse problems and compressed sensing over the continuum
- Compressed Counting Meets Compressed Sensing
- Imaging strong localized scatterers with sparsity promoting optimization
- About t'em breakthroughs and a comment on a comment on "The Mathematical Shape of Things to Come"
- The Tale of Three Breakthroughs: Matrix Sketches, Face Recognition and an AMP based LASSO
Sunday Morning Insights:
Videos and slides of meetings
Saturday Morning Videos
Around the blogs
Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech
This image was taken by Front Hazcam: Right B (FHAZ_RIGHT_B) onboard NASA's Mars rover Curiosity on Sol 439 (2013-10-31 06:46:58 UTC).
Liked this entry ? subscribe to Nuit Blanche's feed, there's more where that came from. You can also subscribe to Nuit Blanche by Email, explore the Big Picture in Compressive Sensing or the Matrix Factorization Jungle and join the conversations on compressive sensing, advanced matrix factorization and calibration issues on Linkedin.